Fay and Ray are committed Christians and go to church every Sunday at Easter and Christmas, but they don’t like it much because of the people.

Fay does a lot of voluntary work and Ray contributes to environmental concerns. He is a shareholder in a South American deforestation project. There’s enough rain without rain forests making more.

They have adopted a red-faced spider monkey in Colchester Zoo. He’s called Zombie.

Thursday 2 August 2012

Fifty Shades of Bray



Ooooo it's been a long time. Well, Ray and me have been doing some more home improvements.
Since the Triplets left, their room has been in danger of becoming something of a shrine and we don't want that as we've already got one of those - Peter's room {but we don't talk about him}.
So, we threw all their remaining possessions and keepsakes down the dump and got rid of the 'trunk' beds {i.e. triple bunk beds - Ray always said it looked like the hold of a slave ship in there, but he designed and made the trunk beds in the first place. He's rarely satisfied with his own handiwork.}
Anyway, now we have what we like to call our "Beige Room of Pleasure".
It has two(2) comfy chairs, one (1) with a pouffe for Ray's poor legs and two(2) ocassional tables, PLUS a portrtatibble televsion and of course Ray's sound system. We go in there to relax upstairs, me with a family sized pack of delicious custard creams, Ray with a glass or two of the finest red wine. I can look at the television, while he listens to Nasrat Fateh Ali Khan on his hi-fidelity headphones. Bliss!

We should write a book!!!

TTFN

Fay

XXX

1 comment:

  1. I keep telling my twenty-one year old daughter that once she moves out, I'm going to turn her room into my office so I can have some peace and quiet when I write.

    Janice~

    ReplyDelete